Life's like that

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Matthew 28:19, The Message: "God authorized and commanded me to commission you: Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you. I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."

God did not write in the bible that we must go to church but He wrote explicitly that the church must go out and make disciples of all nations. Mission impossible? No. Serving requires sacrifices. "For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many." (Mark 10:45) God gave Jesus Christ to die for us. What would you give to Him today?

This week God had kept me thinking on this - discipling. I was cracking my brain hard: What exactly is my spiritual gift? Am I ready to take up leadership roles?

To reassure what I thought was my gift, I took a spiritual quiz from http://www.churchgrowth.org/cgi-cg/gifts.cgi?intro=1


I ought to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to lead me. I have once said, the journey of a christian will never end. God proved this statement right. I thought God would mould me only in His righteousness. It had never crossed my mind that God would get me considering on taking up roles in His ministry. Indeed, He is a living God, God of promises. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all His righteousness, and all things will be added unto you."

I want to go out and tell the gospel. I want to bring the lost to Him. But there are so many restrictions. Can you please pray for God to provide more labourers for the harvest?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home